Pregnant women must ensure that their diet is offering sufficient nutrients and energy for the growing baby. According to Dr. Garima Tyagi, the best gynecologist in Ghaziabad, pregnant women must also make sure that their body is healthy to make the required changes.
The mother’s diet requires to be nutritious and balanced for the right balance of carbohydrates, proteins, fats. Also, they must consume a variety of fruits and vegetables. Hence, pregnant women must follow a balanced, varied and nutritious diet.
What To Eat During Pregnancy
- Fruits and vegetables– You can have five portions of vegetables and fruits on daily basis. Experts say that the eating fruit is better as compared to taking juices as juices can increase the sugar level. You can go for vegetable juices such as carrot.
- Protein– Animal-based protein is lean meat, fish, egg, and chicken. Vegan pregnant women can have quinoa as it includes all the essential amino acids. You can also go for soy and tofu products. Lentils, beans, legumes, seeds, buts are the rich source of proteins.
- Starchy carbohydrate-rich foods– the starchy carbohydrate foods contain pasta, rice, potatoes, and bread. Carbohydrate is the rich source of energy for the pregnant women.
- Fats– Your food must contain no more than 30 percent fat. There must be the right balance of mono-saturated and omega 3 fatty acids. The foods that are rich in mono-saturated fats are peanut oil, olive oil, canola oil, avocados, and seeds.
- Fibre- Wholegrain foods like wild rice, wholemeal bread, wholegrain pasta, lentils, and pulses are rich in fiber. You must eat sufficient fiber as pregnant women are at the higher risk of having constipation.
- Calcium– You must take calcium on daily basis. You must consume cheese, yogurt, and milk. You can also consume plant milk and juices, soybeans, broccoli, okra, Chinese cabbage, and soy nuts.
- Zinc- It is a trace element. It plays an important role in growth and cell division. It helps in the development of the fetus.
- Iron- It plays a major role in the formation of hemoglobin. It carries the oxygen to all the parts of the body. If iron stores are inadequate, there is a greater risk of the preterm baby, low-weight baby, stillbirth, irritability, tiredness, and depression.
Since pregnancy is the most important part of the life for women, consumption of the right diet is really important. Connect with the right gynecologist like Dr. Garima Tyagi who will help in giving the right advice about the diet consumption during pregnancy period.